Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Eazy_b97

Lightspeeds

I recently put a pair of Lightspeeds on my Graf 609's. Unfortunately I was not able to get the non perf steel I asked for, but that isn't the holders fault. I am coming from T'blades, but have used Driveshaft, Custom +, Graphite Razorblades, ProLites. I am 5'11 and 202 lbs currently.

Feel - I like the feel of the lightspeeds. I notive a slight increase of feel of the ice with these. 8.5/10

Steel - The Steel seems good, it is holding the edges nicely. I have been out a half dozen times, and just sharpened my skates again yesterday (partly because I was working and need to practice my sharpenings). I notice these aren't getting nicked up as much as my T'blades, but I haven't played a game in them either. 9/10

Variations - It's nice to be able to change hollows for $5 instead of $20 (with T'blades). I am able to switch holows easier than T'blades, but obviously it is the same as any other non-T'blade holder in that respect.

Problems - I have had problems with the screw coming loose, this isn't generally a problem, but with Graf skates there are no holes. I didn't have the tools to get a wide enough hole yet, but it shouldn't be a problem. Next time I am at work I will drill it wider than I have already. The screw it loose, but the blade is not so it's just a minor issue. 7.5/10

Conclusion - I have not profiled my skates yet, but plan to in the near future. I am posotive this will only increase my love of the new holders. I have tried many holders and haven't felt an increase in performance until the T'blades, but with the Lightspeeds I feel I have a little more jump than the T'blades and the flexibility to change is nice. It's also difficult to get T'blades other than M-11 and M-13 around here. I like T'blades and they are great when their aren't good sharpeners around, but if you have good sharpeners in your area I say normal holders, especially Lightspeeds are the way to go. They seem a step above anything I have tried, but they are not game breakers. I see slight improvements, but nothing dramatic. Thi has helped me realize how much I truly like my 609's and not the T'blades. It was difficult because I tried them out together for the first time. I give the Lighstpeeds a 9/10