Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rangers1234

New To Goalie - Looking For Advice On Equipment

Looking good, rangers. They should fit well, though you may feel like they're tripping you up a bit, since the One95's sit notoriously high on top of the foot. They're also a very underrated set: they were made offshore, but Bauer's QC with this series wasn't bad at all.

Did you end up getting that Hackva mask, or something else?

I ended up getting the Hackva & I love it. I haven't used it in a game, just trying it on & getting it to fit right, but it's lighter than any of the masks I used while borrowing equipment. To be honest, it feels as light as my NB 9500 Helmet/Cage combo. The vision is great as well w/ the cat eye.

I have not received the One95 pads yet, thinking I was getting scammed, I picked up a set of ITECH 12.8 X-Wing Pro Return Pads (34 +1, NHL legal) and Gloves. Then the guy who sold me the One95's contacted me after 10 days of no contact & is sending those out. So, between the two sets, I'm going to pick out what I like best & sell the rest. I'm thinking the Itech pads will fit better with the adjustable knee & the NB One95 gloves will be in better shape.

Itech128X-WingPads-2.jpg

Itech128X-WingPads-1.jpg

I have everything now after picking up a used pair of CCM 652 Tacks Goalie Skates, RBK Premier II 7K Stick & Vaughn Velocity V3 7500 Goalie Cup + all the other little things.

CCM652Tacks.jpg

You may really like those Itech gloves. Most of the pro-return Itech gloves (whatever they're labelleD) are in fact copies of the old Itech 9.8 Prodigy Pro, which is a wonderful glove.

Update on the equipment;

Law Goalie was completely right with his advice. I ended up purchasing two sets and thought I would keep the Itech pads and the One95 glove & Blocker. In the previous posts Law Goalie thought I would like the Itech glove & blocker and the One95 pads and he was absolutely correct. I tried everything out and the One95 pads feel great, but I couldn't get used to the blocker and the glove. The Itech blocker is so light and well balanced, I just didn't think about it being on my hand. The One95 blocker just never felt right holding a stick. There is this protective thumb piece that gets in the way. The One95 trapper does not open up as much as the Itech and I kept missing pucks I thought I would be catching with it.

The Hackva helmet is also great. I don't have anything to compare it with, but it just feels comfortable and light.

Thanks for all the help. Now if I can just figure out how to play the position :biggrin:

I did order the pro hybrid training video, so I hope I can learn something from it.

Update on the equipment;

Law Goalie was completely right with his advice. I ended up purchasing two sets and thought I would keep the Itech pads and the One95 glove & Blocker. In the previous posts Law Goalie thought I would like the Itech glove & blocker and the One95 pads and he was absolutely correct. I tried everything out and the One95 pads feel great, but I couldn't get used to the blocker and the glove. The Itech blocker is so light and well balanced, I just didn't think about it being on my hand. The One95 blocker just never felt right holding a stick. There is this protective thumb piece that gets in the way. The One95 trapper does not open up as much as the Itech and I kept missing pucks I thought I would be catching with it.

The Hackva helmet is also great. I don't have anything to compare it with, but it just feels comfortable and light.

Thanks for all the help. Now if I can just figure out how to play the position :biggrin:

I did order the pro hybrid training video, so I hope I can learn something from it.

Good luck & enjoy!

Good luck & enjoy!

i just want to ask which among the pads im writing down could be worth the money im buying. they arent the best of all since im running on a tight budget and im just playing for recreational here in china.

can you kindly advice on the durability, protection, comfort etc also if you have any other brands or suggestion that isnt list here please i welcome your input.

my budget runs from 350 to 700 dollars, im no pro guy just wanted a value for money type of equiptment.

RBK Premier II 8K NHL Legal Senior Hockey Goalie Leg Pads

RBK Premier Pro Senior Hockey Goalie Leg Pads

Bauer Vapor X:50 Senior Hockey Goalie Leg Pads

Bauer RX6 Re-Flex Senior Hockey Goalie Leg Pads - 2010

Bauer Supreme ONE60 Senior Hockey Goalie Leg Pads - 2010

Louisville TPS Xceed II Pro NHL Legal Hockey Goalie Leg Pads

I know i recently tried out the bauer rx8 line and i loved it more than anything else out there, so the rx6's are probably pretty close. they are very light, lots of protection and have a good feel in the leg channel

I know i recently tried out the bauer rx8 line and i loved it more than anything else out there, so the rx6's are probably pretty close. they are very light, lots of protection and have a good feel in the leg channel

thanks appreciate the reply :D anyone else :P thanks so much

I had 8ks and they didn't blow me away with their quality. After a few ice times the stitching on the knee blocks had pulled, and after a month or so the velcro on the knee straps was coming off. Plus, there was lots of chafing and rubbing in various places. From a performance standpoint they were fine (although in the end they weren't right for me.)

If you're looking at Premier I, make sure you note whether they are 11" wide or 12" wide (depending on what league you play in, there may be rules governing the max width).