Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PiKappaPhi

shaft expanding slightly

Ok, so for my hull shafts, no plugs fit well so what I did was shave the plug down and then fit it in. In my last one for my response plus shaft, I put it in, but then after it cooled down I saw a slight bulge, as in almost not noticable.Should this be a big concern? I wouldn't imagine there would be alot of flexing around the handle. Any ideas?

Ok, so for my hull shafts, no plugs fit well so what I did was shave the plug down and then fit it in. In my last one for my response plus shaft, I put it in, but then after it cooled down I saw a slight bulge, as in almost not noticable.Should this be a big concern? I wouldn't imagine there would be alot of flexing around the handle. Any ideas?

Overheat your shaft by any chance?

nope, I am very careful to never do that. I am almost positive that the plug was slightly too big and forcing the walls of the shaft ever so slightly out. The bulge seems to travel as far the end of the plug. Should I be worried?

nope, I am very careful to never do that. I am almost positive that the plug was slightly too big and forcing the walls of the shaft ever so slightly out. The bulge seems to travel as far the end of the plug. Should I be worried?

Take a picture so we get a better look.

I'd take it out and shave it down more just to be safe.