Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
AIREAYE

Easton S17

Easton Stealth S17 Gloves, 2008 Model

Size : 13"

Time Used: 1 year (1 season of house league, various pickup, 1 season of Summer league)

Fit: It seems that Easton's stealth line has diverted from being a wider/traditional fit in 2007 to a more anatomical/tapered fit after, a combo of Bauer's Supreme and Vapour series. This top-of-the-line glove from Easton offers this new fit; tight in the fingers and gradually flaring out from the knuckles. The flared cuff with segmented sections brings a good range of motion, nothing too excessive or restrictive. When I first tried these gloves on at the store, I fell in love with the fit :)

9/10

Weight & Mobility: Despite the leather palms and outer construction, these gloves are very light. Flared cuff again, offers a good range of motion. The key feature on this glove is the flex thumb, allowing one to bend their thumb slightly while not sacrificing protection. After using this glove, I don't think I'll be comfortable in a fixed thumb again. It offers better control and grip over the stick. The only problem I have about the flex thumb is that it takes some effort to bend it.

9/10

Protection: Being an anatomical glove, I didn't expect high-end protection similar to a Bauer 4-Roll or a Franchise. Despite not taking too many impacts to the glove, I can feel that the upper cuff and the pinkie area down to the palm are the most poorly protected areas. Be wary if you play higher level hockey.

6/10

Durability: For the most part, these gloves are still looking like they are newly purchased. The synthetic leather palms show no sign of damage or heavy wear. The embroidery and chrome 'S17' decals are still shining and despite tiny loose stitching problems, these gloves are quite durable.

10/10

Palm: I found that the palms are the worst feature on the S17. The synthetic leather Atacama Pittards palm is rather thick and offers poor feel for the stick. Being synth leather, they have also started to get crusty after games when they get wet, further spoiling the feel and it has even started to absorb odour. The stretch gussets were quite comfortable however.

4/10

Overall: A great glove for those seeking a tighter fit and are playing anywhere from rec to lower-level contact hockey, as there are better options for protection on the market.

7.5/10

Edited by AIREAYE