Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cunndies

New Skates...

After a good few years of use, my Easton Air vents are finally starting to lose stiffness and break down a bit, so I'm looking at another pair of skates. Obviously, which pair I go for is all down to how they fit, but are the following skates all okay for durability? I'm looking at them to last a few years, so any input is much appreciated! :)

Bauer Mega 20-70

CCM Vector PF4/PF6 (Depending on how much cash I have)

Tour Red Max

I did search around a bit, but couldn't find a lot on the board here, so... B)

I can only speak for the Tour Beemers which my son got about a month ago...these are a well built skate....and they have added protection for the sides of the skate against premature wear from sliding on the floors, as well as additional wrap around heel protection, which also serves to give additional bonding between the boot and the outsole....a significant problem for many of the inline boot manufacturers with the outsole breaking free from the boot. This problem seems to be getting worse as manufacturers look to remove more and more weight.

The Tour Beemers may no longer be the lightest skate out there, but they are certainly not the heaviest, however they are also extremely comfortable(for my son they are now "the most comfortable skate he has ever tried"), and the design certainly looks like it should be durable.

The oversize eyelets should make lace tightening easier, and help prevent the eylets from pulling through the boots as has happened on other brands. In addition the non absorbant liners should prevent the skate from picking up much weight during use from perspiration....at the end of a game these skates may in fact be "lighter" than lightweight skates made without the non absorbant liners.

These are a lower profile skate designed for skaters who like a lot of ankle flex (fore and aft not side to side lol), if the Red Max's are built similarily, I would think they are a good buy. These skates have basically gone back to the older Tour last from the 962's etc. Both skates use the Hum'er all 80 mm chassis....which from those who I know that have used it seem to like the gain in speed and grip....lost agility seems to be a non issue with this design, as the users have adapted quickly to the bigger wheel configuration.

Last bump, promise :)

Looks like I'm going for the 20-70s. Tried them on at the hockey shop the other day, and they fit like gloves! They felt nice and stiff too.

Anybody used them, or got any feedback about them at all? :)

I don't have the 20-70's, but I have a pair of 20-90's. It is a pretty good skate, but I like my Roller Daddy's better. The Roller Daddy's are more comfortable.

Got a pair of 20-70's today, got 'em baked, stuck my yellow waxed laces in them, and I'm good to go! I'll post a review or something like that once I've skated in 'em, but they feel great. I've got a game on Sunday, practice on Monday, so...