Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bluetuuks

Hockey stores in Los Angeles

There is a new store in El Segundo less than a mile away from Toyota Sports Center. It's called Jake's Custom Pro Shop. The cool thing about this store is its all about customizing equipment. They do re-palming, leather repairs, custom footbeds, custom radius, etc. And they have the Blademaster Flat bottom sharpening.

Here is the address :

630 N. Sepulveda suite 13A

El Segundo CA, 90245

Anyone have any familiarity with their work? Might bring along some Caps prostock gloves to get gussets and a digital palm installed while in LA

I actually played juniors and worked with Jake for many years when he lived in michigan. I only send my equipment to him when I need something, because I trust him, and know the type of work he does, and quick. When we worked for Ace sports shop together in Michigan, a lot of people would only go to him for skate sharpenings and radius too! He really does great work and knows what he is doing. He actually just redid the whole liner, padding, and custom made tonuges in my bauer S9's. Turned out perfect and saved me a ton of money on buying new skates!! I highly recommend him!! Great guy!

Stopped into Jake's shop a couple days ago...

Some of the stuff he has includes: Step Steel, Pro stock Kings gloves, FBV sharpening, ROH, radius, profiling, used pro-stock gloves, Graf laces. Has nash and clarino palms in stock, but will order any kind of palm requested.

I wish him the best of luck and will definitely frequent his shop for sharpenings, profiling, sticks, etc. I have known him for several years, he's the man!

Stopped into Jake's shop a couple days ago...

Some of the stuff he has includes: Step Steel, Pro stock Kings gloves, FBV sharpening, ROH, radius, profiling, used pro-stock gloves, Graf laces. Has nash and clarino palms in stock, but will order any kind of palm requested.

I wish him the best of luck and will definitely frequent his shop for sharpenings, profiling, sticks, etc. I have known him for several years, he's the man!

Stopped by the shop the other day to retool my skates. Great guy. Definitely going back. Most guys on my team will only go to him to have their skates done.

Just wanted to provide a little input. I was trying to find a place to get felt tongue's added to my 9K's and was referred to Old World Boot in Anaheim. That had to be the rudest guy ever. He didn't want to give me any kind of estimate on timing or price??? I understand your busy, but that's no way to treat a potential customer. Fast forward to this afternoon and I saw this thread on Jake's. Gave him a call about an hour ago and he quoted me a price range on what I wanted and was very friendly. Guess where I'm going to spend my money this weekend? Sad part is Old World is 10 minutes from my house, while Jake's is 40 minutes. But I'll spend my money where I'm treated with respect as a potential customer. Hopefully, I'll have an update on how it goes after this week!

FYI - The Pro Shop @ Glacial Gardens in Lakewood has a new owner and he's got a lot of new gear, flat bottom sharpening and a bunch of sticks.