Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DekeHead

Bauer XX or XXX: flip-flopin'

I am in dire need of a new pair of gloves, and have decided on either Bauer XX or XXX. The fit of the XXs is incredible, but of course I haven't tried the XXXs on. My delimma is this, is there any real reason to wait for the XXX to come out? I know they are nylon and have different palms, but for those who tried them on, are these real improvements? I don't mind waiting until the end of Novemebr (according to Great Skate) if the glove I get is better than what's on the market today.

Thanks!

I reckon this thread can be closed. I ended up ordering the Bauer XXs at a deep discount thanks to the XXXs imminent release. I really liked the old-style palm, and folks who used them seemed to like them, too. To be honest, I was a little concerned that the new palms might be a step-up in feel, but a step-down in longevity. Time will tell, and I'll look forward to reviews of the new gloves. I'm sure buyer's remorse will set in!

Funny to see that the "Kerry" comment in the title was edited! :P For the record, I'm a Democrat (I don't earn enough yet to vote Republican!), and a Kerry supporter, so the comment was intended to be tongue-in-cheek. Oh well. I certainly don't want my thread on hockey gloves to influence anyone's vote! :rolleyes: