Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Wolfpack_1986

Easton S19 Gloves

Easton S19 Gloves, 2010 Model

Size : 13"

Time Used: 3 months (twice a week, couple stick times, tournaments)

Fit: I like the anataomical type fit on the back of the hands with the adjustable cuff. The first few uses the gloves fit a bit rigid, it almost had a rubbery/plastic feel to it. First game I wore them was the start of the tournament, where I played 4 games, then played about another 3 before they felt 'normal' (this was in august in north carolina, so I sweat quite a bit in them). The first three games were probably the toughest, and was fearing i made a bad choice. Getting past that hump, they've been nothing but comfortable.

8.5/10-- Points docked for uncomfortable break in period, I came from 2009 s11's previously, where i did not have this problem.

Weight & Mobility: the glove yielded great dexterity in flexion on all of the fingers, full dexterity with respect to extension was not optimal until the 7 game break in period. the gloves are light, and never have been observed to gain mass from sweat and melted ice. The adjustable cuff provides the ability to modify where the back end of the cuff lies, which could open things up for some players, the glove is used with fully extended cuffs and has not impeeded any wrist motion.

9.5/10

Protection: No shots or signficant blows to the hand have been recieved. The glove seems protective enough to suit my tastes, I've never felt uncomfortable in the glove. The thumb needs improvement, slack needs to be removed and the protection needs to be pushed inward (or wrapped around the thumb better). I feel as though my thumb sticks a little too low, making it the leading edge, exposing too much to sticks, or pucks, coming up the shaft of the stick in hand. I lost my thumb nail this way in an older pair of gloves.

7/10 -- points lost for thumb protection not fitting closer to thumb.

Durability: Tackimacks have been used through the life of this glove, and no palm wear has been seen. the material on the body of the glove has no visible wear. some of the trim is starting to fray slightly.

9/10

Palm: Tackimacks have been used through the life of this glove, and no palm wear has been seen. The stretch gussets could use a material with a higher youngs modulus, in order to increase the tension. the palm does not transmit slight nuances in puck feel the way that I would desire.

5/10 -- points docked for gussets stretching too much and palms generally feeling "dead"

Intangibles: If i really didnt need a pair of gloves, I would have put this pair back, and grabbed another. But, perhaps, mine are not exclusive to the sloppy manufacturing. There's pieces of excess material everywhere along a ton of the seams. I would expect to find gloves that look like this in the bin at marshalls or tj maxx. whether my gloves are the exception, or the rule, it comes down to poor quality control.

3/10 -- Points docked for sloppy cosmetic issues, something that shouldnt happen on the high end of the product line

Overall: The glove fit is great, the glove function is great. Theres a tweak to the thumb that I'd make, theres some cosmetic quality control issues with respect to excess material, and the palms are a bit quirky. If the gloves were something like $30 less, I'd be thrilled with them i guess. Easton has room for improvement.

7/10