Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tinkeric

Forgot skates outside in freezing weather. Oops?

Hey everyone, I accidentally left my roller hockey skates on the porch for 24 hours when it was about 25 degrees outside. It was pretty dry too.

Did this damage my beloved skates? The boot, bearings, wheels, etc.? I hope not!

There wasn't much sweat/moisture on them so I don't think that froze. Thanks for the input.

Hey everyone, I accidentally left my roller hockey skates on the porch for 24 hours when it was about 25 degrees outside. It was pretty dry too.

Did this damage my beloved skates? The boot, bearings, wheels, etc.? I hope not!

There wasn't much sweat/moisture on them so I don't think that froze. Thanks for the input.

I would say no. I've been leaving my gear out year round in the sun room on the back of my house for 3 years now & have seen no ill effects. The temperature in there can't be more than a couple degrees difference (if any) from whatever it is outside.

Probably the biggest thing for your bearings is to just be sure that you don't leave your skates inside your bag with all your sweaty gear. I always empty my bag as soon as I get home from playing. This along with cleaning & re-lubing my bearings about once every 4-6 months (depending on how much I played) has kept them rolling good for over a year & a half.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the replies. I'll look closely at the manufacturer tags and see if they mention any storage temperatures, but I figure my stuff should be ok.