Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jt72

Opinion on riveting job that broke chassis

Hi all,

I had someone donate a pair of Mission 9500 skates that the only problem with them was the eyelets and rivets were rusted out. The skates really hadn't had much use.

The skates cost me nothing, but I figured I might get them repaired for my club and pass them on to the next person joining who needed a pair.

So, I sent them to a repair shop and they came back before being fully fixed up. (long story)

It looks to me like they didn't line up the rivet correctly when fastening it, or in some other fashion managed to break the hole the rivet goes through. I'm not a repair expert, so I'm asking what you think. What may not be clear in the photo is that the metal on the right actually bends upwards.

I was told that the aluminum weakens and sometimes the holes burst.

The photo:

qzj68x.jpg

I'd appreciate any responses. The shop has asked me to send them back, but not sure there's any point.

JT72

Hi all,

I had someone donate a pair of Mission 9500 skates that the only problem with them was the eyelets and rivets were rusted out. The skates really hadn't had much use.

The skates cost me nothing, but I figured I might get them repaired for my club and pass them on to the next person joining who needed a pair.

So, I sent them to a repair shop and they came back before being fully fixed up. (long story)

It looks to me like they didn't line up the rivet correctly when fastening it, or in some other fashion managed to break the hole the rivet goes through. I'm not a repair expert, so I'm asking what you think. What may not be clear in the photo is that the metal on the right actually bends upwards.

I was told that the aluminum weakens and sometimes the holes burst.

The photo:

qzj68x.jpg

I'd appreciate any responses. The shop has asked me to send them back, but not sure there's any point.

JT72

1. Im sorry this happend!!! they should not have broke and IT IS THEIR FAULT!!!

2. the only way they can fix them is by putting on a new chassis or paying someone a crazy amount of money to take off the chassis and add a new piece of aluminum.

WHAT I WOULD DO, is have them give you 80 bucks for a new chassis and get someone else to put it on for you!!!

I work at a hockey shop and have done many ICE to INLINE conversions and never broke a chassis much less like this I am not sure how they did this but they should pay for a new one.