Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jurjen11

Bauer RX20/RX25

Hello guys,

The Hockey season is over, and we're switching to the roller skates. The current skates I have are 1,5 size too big.

(I have eastons, and a teammate of me has X60 skates size 10,5 and with the easton roller skates he has 9. I have X60 skates with size 9, en my eastons roller skates are also size 9:P)

My options are the bauer RX20 and RX25. But I can get the RX20 for 150 euros, and the RX25 are 250 euros. Is it worth to pay 100 euros more for the RX25, or should I take the RX20? And how about the stiffness of the boot. Is the RX25 way more stiff then the RX20?

I hope you guys can help me!

Hello guys,

The Hockey season is over, and we're switching to the roller skates. The current skates I have are 1,5 size too big.

(I have eastons, and a teammate of me has X60 skates size 10,5 and with the easton roller skates he has 9. I have X60 skates with size 9, en my eastons roller skates are also size 9:P)

My options are the bauer RX20 and RX25. But I can get the RX20 for 150 euros, and the RX25 are 250 euros. Is it worth to pay 100 euros more for the RX25, or should I take the RX20? And how about the stiffness of the boot. Is the RX25 way more stiff then the RX20?

I hope you guys can help me!

I've heard from numerous pro shops that the boots are damn near the same, the difference being in the wheels and bearings. All about how smooth y'wanna look man!

From what I have seen, the main differences are the composite outer sole, better indoor wheels, and different graphics. The RX25 chassis seems thicker, but they are listed as having the same chassis, so I assume it is from the different coloring

I was trying to decide between the two, and I went with the RX25 because

1. I had them before and liked how they fit my foot
  2. Composite sole
  3. I wanted the Labeda Millennium wheels anyway
  4. Hoping they were a tad stiffer, but I have no idea if they actually are.
  5. Come in half sizes

Yeah, I'm similar to mhkehoe. I tried on both and the RX25 just fit my foot better. I also really like the Labeda millenium wheels that the 25s come with. Don't think you can really go wrong with either though.

I just happen to have both the RX:20 and the RX:25's. Well my son owns the 20's. The major differences are, the 25's have the following:

- RX:25's are heat moldable, 20's are not

- grippier wheels (Millenium's)

- faster bearings: ABEC 9's, 20's have 7's

- slightly stiffer boot and outsoul

- definitely better looking

Regarding the bearings, I swapped 'em out for my Bones Swiss. So I put the 9's into my old outdoor skates. After a few hours of outdoor use, they really loosened up and rolled quite well. I can't say the same for the 7's that come in the RX:20's, after many hours of use they still don't spin so well?

So it comes down to fit, grip, speed and looks. Seems like it is an easy choice.

If you are buying these skates online without trying them on for size, I would recommend you check out my full review of the RX:60's in this forum, it has some very detailed sizing pointers listed on both those skates.

I'm sure you have made your choice by now, but for any one else making similar decision, my son tried the RX:25's and he said they were much better, far more stiff and they just felt way better.