Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crosby66

New to roller hockey Help!

Im new to playing roller hockey with actual roller hockey skates. I have always previously used just a recreational skate outside to play but now want to change it up. I guess I am a sucker for brand name hockey equipment and want to get a good pair of blades for in the 100 to 150 dollar range.I would like to know if I i could buy a nice skate with indoor wheels and change them for outdoor wheels? Is this possible and how do i know the wheels and bearings are the right size? Any advice on a good beginner skate? Thanks in advance.

Im new to playing roller hockey with actual roller hockey skates. I have always previously used just a recreational skate outside to play but now want to change it up. I guess I am a sucker for brand name hockey equipment and want to get a good pair of blades for in the 100 to 150 dollar range.I would like to know if I i could buy a nice skate with indoor wheels and change them for outdoor wheels? Is this possible and how do i know the wheels and bearings are the right size? Any advice on a good beginner skate? Thanks in advance.

Yes you can switch indoor and outdoor wheels. It should be printed on your wheels what size they are,76mm, 80mm, etc... Also most wheels will take a standard 608 bearing. If your unsure bring a skate in and ask whoever you are buying from what you need. If your shopping online, it might state in the items description what you are looking for. Hope this helps, maybe someone else can elaborate better.

Usually if you buy skates in the $100-150 range they will come with outdoor wheels. If not, look for a wheel with 80-86a hardness.

I'd say hit up your local hockey store, if you have one. Especially if you need basic help choosing size, wheels etc.

Once you're a bit more experienced and know your preferences, then it's safe to buy online....but try not to forget that local store that helped you out at first.

You definitely can swap indoor wheels and outdoor wheels on a nice pair of indoor blades. You might end up wanting a new set of bearings, so that each set of wheels always has bearings in them and you won't have to change the wheels as well as the bearings every time you want to play. Also it would be a good idea to get a second pair of bearings so that you don't get the indoor ones dirty. The cleaner the bearings, the more efficient the skate. As far as your concern about bearing sizes goes, bearings are almost always the same size and fit almost every wheel, that shouldn't be a problem. http://www.hockeymonkey.com/reebok-roller-hockey-skate-6k-pump-sr.html these are the Reebok 6k's. I have them and love them, veryy comfortable, smooth ride and the lace system and pump system are awesome. The chassis/wheels kind or rock forward when you skate to mimic ice hockey skates. If that's a little out of your price range, http://www.hockeymonkey.com/reebok-roller-hockey-skate-4k-sr.html those are the Reebok 4k's which are a little less expensive but also overall very good for the price. Good luck