Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
stlBeerLeagueChamp

Warrior Eraser Pro

Model: 14”, Black with white accents, purchased October 2010.

User Info: 6', 200lbs, skill level - adult rec league sub-par :P, skate 2-4 times/week.

Price Paid: $96 at LHS

Fit (10/10): I went to my LHS and immediately fell in love with the fit/feel of the glove. It has a narrow fit but loose in the wrist area. Fit my hand perfectly and it came down to the price difference between these and the Eagle PPF (which felt about the same) The glove had a good break-in feel but each time I use them I think they feel better and better!

Protection (9.5/10): It’s a pro-level glove, and has all the plastic inserts and stuff you would expect (except for a locking thumb, I think the other gloves do this better). How protective is the glove? I haven't ever been injured on my hands or even really felt any impact..so I suppose that speaks volumes! I get slashed a lot by the "way too serious" guys in the league a lot as well so..I subtracted a half point for the "hardly locking thumb"

Weight (10/10): This glove is extremely light with the fabric on it instead of the leather. When I first got them my hockey buddies were messing around with them and the words "It hardly feels like anything is there" were the most common. They are still some of the lightest gloves I have felt even after messing around with the new high-end gloves while waiting for sharpenings.

Durability (6/10): The exterior of the glove still looks fantastic, however after 10 or so months of playing 1-5 times per week holes are beginning to form in between the extra layers trying to prevent this on the palm. If you look at the palm of this glove there are several different spots where they have extra layers to prevent this and it seems like those are what is causing the thinner fabric to rip apart..kind of counter-productive huh! Despite the small holes forming (they are getting bigger each time I use them) they are still extremely comfortable and have taken the shape of my hand/fingers well.

Intangibles: A nice looking glove if not a little on the flashy side. I wish they had used a stitched logo on the cuff rather than the iron-on. I don't get compliments on them other than the weight aspect. Graphics are still 100% in tact and haven't rubbed off as I supposed they are sublimated into the fabric. I have come to dislike the extra layers in the palm, and my next glove purchase will be a one-piece palm.

Conclusion (8/10): Excellent protection and great styling, am a little disappointed with the palm's durability though! I'm not sure I could have gotten better for the price I paid, as I said earlier the Eagle PPF were the closest comparison for me and the price was doubled!