Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Nike V-Force Elbow Pads

Product: Nike V-Force Elbow Pads size L

Reviewer specs: 6-2, 220 lbs., 16 inch upper arm circumference, 12.5 inch forearm circumference

Intro

The V-Force line is a SMU made only for the THG-shops. It is basically a V12 with different straps. I modified the upper-arm strap following a hint from Jay. This modification makes the pad much more mobile without sacrificing protection.

Fit

The best thing one can say about the fit of a pad is: I don't even feel like wearing one. Well, you'll never find a pad that you don't feel at all, put this pad is as close as it gets. I don't ever have to think about the pad during play like I had with other pads. And most importanly: This pad does not slip down my arm. Even if I apply force to it it won't move out of place. Sweat absorption is good, too. The only downside was that it only gets perfect once you modify it.

9 out of 10 points

Protection

I am a fairly big guy who likes to throw his weight around and who takes physical abuse. So these pads had enough chances to prove their protective qualities. I have never felt the slightest pain on my arms with these. Thumbs up.

10 out of 10 points

Weight

I didn't go out weighing elbow pads in stores, but these are significantly lighter than anything I've tried on before.

10 out of 10 points

Durability

After half a year of use they do not show signs of wear. Only the middle strap wore out slightly.

9 out of 10 points

Conclusion

In my opinion there is nothing in the market that could match all the qualities of these pads. You might find more protective pads, but you won't find another pad that is extremely light and comfy while still providing pro-grade protection.

Overall 9.5 out of 10 points