Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speed Demon

Can't delete a file...

Sometimes just restarting your computer could help. Close all programs that are working, WinAmp and stuff.

I have tried deleting it and quarantining it but it won't work. Below are two pictures that illustrate my problem:

1st pic shows the properties of the file and the 2nd pic shows the error received when attempting to delete. Please help me delete this file. Thanks.

problemsupa.jpg

problemsupa2.jpg

Please help me delete this file...

you should run a scandisk on your harddrive. Open explorer, right click on the HD that contains the file, select "extras", there you'll find the scandisk tool. After having scanned it, reboot and delete the file.

If you have any Weather Channel programs that access the net, the program would refresh your cookie soon after it was deleted.

I recommend running Ad-aware and Spybot Search&Destroy on every PC at least weekly. They will tell you whether the cookies you have are malicious and if there is any spyware on your machine. Cookies in general are pretty safe.

As for deleting that file, I assue that you have restarted in Safe mode and tried to delete it. Otherwise there are a few things you can do. First, in your tools menu, change the setting that hides known file extensions. Now that you can see the extension, what is it? Change it to something like .jpg or .wav and then delete it. This should free it up from any program that is claiming rights to it.

The fact that it said that it can not read the source file or disk is interesting. This is the warning you sometimes get when a file has been added by a hacker. Read the information at the following link for more help: Experts Exchange