Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mockingduck

T8 vs. 9k

I created new topic because, unfortunately I was not able to purchase the mission boss se as I planned, and I tried the tour and does not quite like it. so I am back to my selections again. I am right in between mission axiom T8 vs. Reebok 9K.

I am 5'8, 176 lbs. my foot size is 8 without socks, and 8.5 with socks. 9 will give a little more room. So, I am right between 8.5-9 shoe size with socks.

anyone has any experience or input based on which one I should go with. as far as mission goes, Is it worth the jump from T8 to T9 for that extra stiffness and the magnesium chassis? and is T8 worth the Money or should I downgrade to T7 or T6?

Same thing goes for the Reebok 9k. Is it worth the jump from 9k to 11k, or is 7k already good enough? (9k is nice with the white color).

I heard reebok is more comfortable and not as stiff as Mission, but mission offers higher specs, and better support.

Note: I could not try any of these skates because I am not near any LHS

Any helps are much appreciated.

Thank you

You should really look at the Alkali line. Our skates are extremely comfortable, out spec the competition, and are designed specifically for roller hockey. Take a look at the positive feedback that is floating around mod squad.

MockingDuck, all of your posts compare skates that have very different fits, and won't necessarily work for you. I know for a fact that the arch on the Reebok and the Mission skates are different, and you will probably be in pain in one of them.

InlineWarehouse offers free shipping on skates, and free return shipping (within the US), so you can try on different fits and sizes. They also carry the above mentioned Alkali if you were interested in trying them out.

The Reebok 9k's are comfortable but have a poor boot construction. I went through a pair in under a year and if you play a lot the same thing will happen. Go with any skate made by Bauer, Mission, or Alkali