Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigdaddytool

red star alloy chassis problem?

i put a pair of red star alloys on a easton comp SEs and have had nothing but problems. had some old 688 wheels and bearings with no problems, switched to some 608's and the first pair of wheels were rubbing the chassis, the second pair of wheels didnt rub, but now wheels and bearings shift left to right, binding up every so often. i am very unhappy with the chassis so far, can anyone help?

I have a feeling you forgot something..might be wrong..but if you didn't change the spacers when you switched the wheels and bearings....this could be your problem. The mini's and standard bearings use different spacers. If you have the wrong spacers..too small.... then the bearings will bind and the wheels will move side to side as well. Without knowing exactly which spacers were in your original wheels, I cannot be of much help.

The larger 608's use either an axle which actually fits inside the bearings with a through bolt, or an axle/bolt with floating spacer which fits only between the bearings not inside the bearings. The spacer from the mini's will not work with either system.