Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johnjm22

72A Wheels

I've been playing on a very slippery surface (smooth concrete). I'm looking to get as much grip as possible. I've used Labeda Addictions, and Hyper Formula G 74A wheels, both of which I like, but I wanna try adding some 72A's to my setup to see if I can grip better.

I weight about 170 Ibs. I figure If I run two 74A wheels, and two 72A wheels per skate, I should be able to increases grip, with out putting too much stress on the softer wheels. Has anybody tried a setup like this? What 72A wheels are out there besides the Kryptonics Wicked Stickies and Revision Variant Platinums?

As hard as it may seem to believe, you actually need to go the other way! You need to try something like Yellow Grippers (78A). The issue is not the softness of the wheels, but it is more to do with the grip of the surface. Concrete is a varying type of surface that changes on a daily basis. Temperature, barometer, humidity all have big factors on how well it grips.

I have been playing on concrete for years, and the best wheels that I have used is the Yellow Grippers. I have tried everything, from Addictions, Hornets, even 72A's from Kryptonics... none of them work very well on concrete.

Another option might be to try the Revision Steels, I am going to give them a try this coming summer.

If you are skating on sportcourt, then use the other wheels that you mentioned... they all work great on that surface.

Good Luck.