Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vince57

Hockey shopping on holiday in USA, advice from the locals?

As a Uk ice and roller player with a young son (7) who also does ice and roller a visit to the states in october/nov would seem to be the ideal opportunity to grab some quality kit at a good price,

Only problem is its a family holiday to disneyland orlando with grandparents and everything

planning on visiting tampa bay lightning who play whilst we are out there.

Are there any decent hockey shops in Florida that stock mid to top end stuff? looking at getting some nice boots for me, maybe a helmet and quite a few top end kiddy bits inc boots

struggling to find any specific shops via google etc.

Would it be better to order from an out of state U.S. online store and have it ups'd to our accomodation?

Any advice appreciated

Too bad you don't have a Total Hockey store in Florida. They are very good. I am increasingly buying stuff from them. Sign up for their "breakaway points" program online.

Not familiar with Florida Hockey scene but JR should know that market better than anybody. You should probably send him a private message.

I would seriously consider buying online from Total Hockey (out of Chicago) as they have a points program that seems generous and have been great for everything I have ordered from them.

You would have to coordinate the delivery ahead of time though as most are 3-5 business days via UPS or FedEx.

I too am going to the US for an exchange in Nov/Dec. I'll be in Oklahoma for the exchange, but am free to move around after it is done. Any advice, anyone?

I too am going to the US for an exchange in Nov/Dec. I'll be in Oklahoma for the exchange, but am free to move around after it is done. Any advice, anyone?

Vacation advice or hockey locations advice?

I live in Florida, my son plays travel hockey & the fire department team I'm on does a couple of tournaments a year. RDV in Orlando has a pro shop with a fairly decent selection. The pro shop at The Ice Sports Forum (NOT to be confused withe The Tampa Times Forum where the Lightning play, google it) in Tampa has probably the best quantity as far as variety and selection including size is concerned. Most manufacturers represented and multiple lines high and low end from each. The only other shop I have seen in Florida with a comparable selection would be Gulf Coast Hockey Plus in Estero just south of Ft. Myers. Both have knowledgeable staff, and a good selection allowing you to try stuff on and prices that are reasonable/comparable/equal to online stores for high end equipment. Both of these shops are comparable to a smaller LHS in Canada, in fact I was in one earlier today here in Ontario that has been in the same spot for over 30 years and the Ice Sports Forum pro shop or Gulf Coast Hockey could easily match up against it.

thanks hunterphfr will gve those a look , think i found rdv online a bit back but couldnt find any info other than it existed,

will give it a go i think , will look up the others too