Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Södy

Revoke 9000 blocker

Hey guys,

I am currently using a Vaughn Velocity 7400 blocker and am quite happy with it. However I would like to buy a Revoke 9000 blocker to match my 9000s pads which absolutely love after 2 seasons.

Is the blocker any good? How is he compared to the 7400?

Thanks in advance!

The good news is that they're both fine mid-level blockers, and really not that different. You may find that the Reebok blocker sits a little 'straighter' on the wrist, rather than being naturally tilted to the side, and that the Reebok blocker 'tilts' toward the ice in your stance just a touch more. The one thing that is absolutely better on the Revoke is the finger protection: much better design. You may also find, depending on how tall your stick is, that puck-handling gets a little easier because of the way the Revoke's cuff is a little more aggressively angled, but it's not like the Vaughn design doesn't accommodate that well.

In my experience, I've yet to see anyone who couldn't adapt to a new blocker. I routinely switch between several blockers with radically different hand positions (up to two inches higher or lower on the board, an inch either side), thumb designs, board curves, etc., and the only thing I notice is that some of them are a little more natural in the paddle-down position than others, and some angle the puck off to the side with a little less effort than others. I doubt you'll have a moment's hesitation in switching to the Revoke 9000.

Okay thank you a lot. Yeah it's not that I think I have problems with the new feeling, more with protection and durability. But ok, I'll go for it then, thank you :)

There shouldn't be any difference in protection between blockers; any blocker, even a low-end senior one, should be no less protective than a pro model. What you're getting in the higher-end blockers is quality of construction, better surface materials (especially in the palm), often better foams in the sidewall, etc., but the core board that actually protects your hand (while it is shaped a little differently) is always consistently protective.

Durability wise, I'd say the 7400 and the Revoke 9000 are about the same; they'll wear in slightly different places, but not dramatically.