Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sticktime

Superfeet or profile blade?

Skating on Supreme 190's with a +2 pitch. Used stock insoles up until today when I skated with superfeet yellows. What I like a out the stocks is I felt nice and low and deep in my skates. What I liked about the yellows is that I definitely felt more in alignment with hip/knee/ankle. So they're as advertised on that aspect. Also felt more power and direct force on strides. Ditto there too.

What I couldn't figure out though is if I was sitting a bit higher in my skates, since the yellows are supposed to raise your heel by 2 or 3 mm's. I didn't notice any different placement of my ankle in it being higher, but can't say for sure.

So here's my question - if I dial the pitch back to a +1 will that even it out with the superfeet adding pitch? In other words will I be basically back to where I was with a stock insole and +2? I liked that feel, but don't want to end up being the equivalent of a +3 or +4 if I keep the +2 profile and use the superfeet.