Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jacksonxbaj

How do I precisely measure stick lie?

Hi

I'm new to mod-squad and have a stick lie related question <I hope this is the right place to post this>. Was wondering if someone could tell me how to precisely measure stick lie or true lie <step by step - what tools I'd need....protractor...where (at what points of the blade) and how to measure...etc??>

Anyway....the reason that I want to do this is - for a number of years I've been using an older/obscure pro-stock blade pattern <CCM Freddie Myers of the Philadelphia Flyers>. I had about 15 of these blades that have lasted me over 8 years. Just recently I broke my last one and I cant seem to find anything in stores to replace it <I think the blade has an uncommon set of specs>. I'd like to try to match it up as best as possible by looking for something online <online has a much wider selection>.

I cant seem to adjust to the more common blade patterns that are found in most shops. I don't think this has anything to do with blade curve - but more to do with lie - length and rocker. Once I find out the blades exact lie I should be able to come pretty close to matching it up with a suitable replacement.

<Link to picture of blade is below....I tried to attach it the normal way using the forum image tool but it wont work>

https://i.imgsafe.org/a73f407.jpg

Thanks

(How do I precisely measure stick lie or true lie?)