Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kgbeast

Goalie Interference rules and more

It was pretty unfortunate brake for Red Wings yesterday against Panthers during that last goal which put Panthers ahead with 7 seconds left in the game. I guess this will add to already heated issue of how the goalie interference is to be called.

I did not see interference in it but it certainly was a stick across the face that in my opinion should have been called for a minor penalty. I have seeing sticks in the face of goalies many times and noticed that these are rarely if ever called as a minor infraction. It also appears that goalies are not covered by slashing rules. Just curious what you guys thing about the inconsistency of how rules are applied to goalies vs to skaters. Obviously the other side of the same country is when a goalie is flopping on the floor like a fish while a handful of players swinging their sticks around him, sometimes it is hard for them not to hit the goalie in the mask or glove.

...not sure how I feel about this.