Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
njobgen77

Is it Profile or change in tuuk size ?

I was using a quad 2 on 280mm tuuk. I felt like I had too much toe on ice and couldn’t get my forward lean. Further review showed a poor blend on the toe. I went to a smoother blend and more material off toe with a quad 1 reproduce. This felt much much better. I recently was able to get prostock 8 3/4 skates which fit my foot like a glove compared to my size 9 ft1s. Problem is they had a 272mm tuuk. So again I got a quad 1. I skated on them tonight and toe picked at least 5 times. Felt almost too far forward. There is also a sharp point on the toe that is catching. Curious if I cross grind and blend that out if that will fix problem or is just me not being used to the shorter steel causing me to fall forward and toe pick?