Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
McJesus

14' -McJesus

-Hollow: 7/8”

-About Me: I’ve played hockey for 20+ years and coached for 10 years.  I used to consider myself a powerful skater, but recently started to work on my smoothness due to getting older/weaker/tired .  With that, I feel like I can offer some good points to consider depending on what type of skater you are.  If you are a powerful, choppy, hardworking player, then you’ll most like profiles that cater and supports those characteristics.  If you are a smooth, tension free, and efficient skater, then I would think you would prefer a certain set of profiles.  Picture yourself in a game chasing down a puck.  Do you grit your teeth and bear down, tighten up, get set, and PUSH off as hard as possible?  Or do you stay loose, stay relaxed, and use the whole blade to get going?  Do you push in linear 45-degree strides, or do you land on a edge and let the skate collapse out?  I wouldn’t advocate either being a power skater or efficient skater.  But I think your style is really going to dictate your preference.  Mobility, Stability, Speed, and Acceleration are going to be perceived differently IMO depending on your style.  My ratings will be based on my personal preferences and effort to be smoother.  I’ll note in my reviews how I think the profiles would feel to different types of skaters.

-Mobility:  1

-Stability:  1

-Speed:  2

-Acceleration:  2

-Review:  This profile felt awful.  I skated on it for an hour and hated every minute of it.  My feet were throbbing from trying to manipulate the blade.  I couldn’t get wide, anytime I tried to turn I just felt the blade pulling me in the same direction.  I was so limited in whatever arc my skate was going.  I couldn’t tilt it over and change the path of the skate enough.  Acceleration was hampered by having to push out with a skate that felt like it didn’t want to come off the ice.  I didn’t feel stable, because I felt like my feet were stuck in cement and my posture was not adjusting to it.  Obviously, never felt like I was going fast.  I don’t understand how anyone can skate in a longer profile.  I guess the glide felt ok, but my calves and core were so beat up just trying to keep my upper body and lower body in sync.  Stops and starts:  it’s faster to just hit the boards, get up, and then get going again in that direction.  If you’re a power skater you may have better luck, but I just felt stuck

-Profiles tested:

12’

-Profiles to test:

Quad 2

Zuperior M

10-20’