Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Spaceghost

Nash Sports Proglide Polishing System (Skate Sharpening Sauce) or other similar systems?

Hi All,

Long time, first time!

Does anyone have any experience with Nash Sports Proglide Polishing System?  Here is a link to their explanation and how-to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oumW2ZsKjXA

I bought some prostock skates at an NHL team sale and for the first few weeks there was never any ice build-up on the sides of the skates and the glide was really nice.  I was handed down a Wissota Skate sharpening machine and have been trying to get similar results.  I have gotten better with my sharpening (with a lot of reading in these forums).  I bought the Ryobi Stainless Steel "E" Buffing Compound someone recommended here which has helped me on the last pass a little.  However I can't figure out how they kept the ice build-up down.  I was thinking that this Proglide Polishing System might work.  I have read about other glide oils in some older posts but none are still around.  Some folks talk about sauce that their local skate sharpeners use but I cannot find any product information only links to the sharpeners who offer the sauce at an extra fee.  I even read an article (I think posted on modsquad in a different thread) about the 1998 speedskating team and the sharpening/polishing system they had developed with NASA.  https://spinoff.nasa.gov/spinoff2003/ch_1.html

Thanks for sharing your secrets!  Reading all of your tips and techniques has been a huge help!