Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Above40

Helmet Fit/ Ear Coverage

Any advice on a helmet with a deeper fit for better ear coverage? Should my entire ear be covered? Personal preference, I'd like them covered best I can. My coconut is bigger /taller than avg. My old CCM bucket is from 1993 and it has more or less these slotted panels that completely cover my ears down to my jaw bone.

I tried on a V08 which I thought would fit pretty deep from what I've read but only covers about half my ears! I can handle an earlobe hanging out but it does look kinda silly when the earhole doesn't come close to lining up with the hole.  I tried next size larger and it sits almost exactly the same depth. I'll probably eventually make it to the hockey shop/store and see what they have to say on the matter but until then...I'm open to any advice on brands/models to try out or possible aftermarket solutions? Looking in the $80-150 range.

Also, I have enough head volume as it is and I'd like to avoid models with excessively thick padding/shell thickness. To borrow a phrase I read elsewhere... trying to avoid the upside down armchair-on-my-head look. 🙂