Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
rcb88

Bauer customization post new fit system

Apologies if this has already been posted or discussed. 

How much customization can you get if you’re not a pro player or connected to the industry? Can you still specify forefoot width or heel width like the previous fit system or is it something entirely different now. I understand that they aren’t built on new lasts but is it really just specifying custom lengths and color ways? 

thanks 

On 12/4/2023 at 8:40 AM, rcb88 said:

Apologies if this has already been posted or discussed. 

How much customization can you get if you’re not a pro player or connected to the industry? Can you still specify forefoot width or heel width like the previous fit system or is it something entirely different now. I understand that they aren’t built on new lasts but is it really just specifying custom lengths and color ways? 

thanks 

You cannot specify much of anything. It's all based on your scan and any notes you provide.

Is there something specific you are wanting to have adjusted or customized? 

Thanks for answering. The new fit system just doesn’t work for me. I’m scanned at a 6.5 fit 2 in hyperlites but the heel feels too sloppy. When I try the fit 1 it feels too tight in the forefoot/not enough volume. 
I recently bought a pair of used pro stocks with E/A fit system in the hyperlite 2s and it’s so much better. Is that possible for a normal person to get?

Im really curious about the shadows and am leaning to the custom route but am unsure of what they can do. I heard there were going to be custom orthotics so that might be different too, but basically my foot is shaped like a duck foot, wide forefoot, narrow heel. 

On 12/7/2023 at 1:16 PM, rcb88 said:

Thanks for answering. The new fit system just doesn’t work for me. I’m scanned at a 6.5 fit 2 in hyperlites but the heel feels too sloppy. When I try the fit 1 it feels too tight in the forefoot/not enough volume. 
I recently bought a pair of used pro stocks with E/A fit system in the hyperlite 2s and it’s so much better. Is that possible for a normal person to get?

Im really curious about the shadows and am leaning to the custom route but am unsure of what they can do. I heard there were going to be custom orthotics so that might be different too, but basically my foot is shaped like a duck foot, wide forefoot, narrow heel. 

They already have custom orthotics, the Bauer Speedplate.  

Bauer is not changing the custom skate process for 2024. There are rumors though that in 2025 Bauer will have a new scanning system and allow more options at the retail level.