Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cameltaur

A Leafs trivia challenge...

If anyone can get this with out cheating i'll be quite impressed. Who was the last Toronto Maple Leaf to lead the NHL in scoring, and what year did he do it in? Edit: for another challenge...the last leaf to win the Calder? last to win the Hart? Vezina (it was shared between two)?

Dave Keon??

Syl Apps led in assists but not points. He was a pretty honorable guy, one year he wanted to return $1000 of his $6000 salary because he sat out for a while with a broken leg. Now how many guys today would do that???

I knew the Sawchuk/Bower thing as well. Wow it's been a while. any chance we could get a hint? I was thinking Keon, but I guess that was wrong.

Wow, I tried to look it up ad still had an awful lot of trouble. To be fair though only a handful of guys have won it in the last 20 years.

ok, here is a clue. Pretty hard still after this, but it narrows it down a lot. He won the scoring title before the inception of the Art Ross trophy, which came along I believe around 1947 or 48.

And we have a winner, the last Maple Leaf to lead the NHL in scoring wsa Gordie Drillon in 1937-38 with 26 goals and 26 assists for 52 points. Personally I was surprised to hear that, seeing as there has been no shortage of superstars on the Leafs since then.

And we have a winner, the last Maple Leaf to lead the NHL in scoring wsa Gordie Drillon in 1937-38 with 26 goals and 26 assists for 52 points. Personally I was surprised to hear that, seeing as there has been no shortage of superstars on the Leafs since then.

That was a good one, it's pretty hard to believe too!!