Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chrisehyoung

Getting my skates profiled

Glad your son is skating better! You are so correct about youngsters, they adapt much faster than curmudgeonly old men. :-) The longer one skates on a particular set of runners, the more burnt in their body mechanics get to that feel, so when you change them or when they get new steel, it can be a little awkward at first. If they give their body a chance to adapt, in most cases they will be skating better.

The beauty of being a 10yo is that they can adapt to things so much better than adults and I think the intial switch from regular hollow to FBV was offset by having to get used to a new boot/skate completely. I highly doubt he even notices the FBV now, he just knows that he can move/turn better and seems stronger on his feet.

Thanks again Jimmy for the good work, I just sent out a spare set of steel for you to profile + FBV...