Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PinkApe404

Inner Lining and Ankle padding Reinforcement - DIY

Gents,

I got a pair of X5.0s that I am going to be using for an ice to inline conversion and unfortunately the foam padding around the ankle is mushed in ..the previous user gave them a good run. As a DIY and practice I am considering redoing part of the lining and reinforcing the ankle support foams. Anyone ever done this and could suggest anything would be greatly appreciated. So far my idea was to take some ultrasuede and EVA foam ( hopefully antimicrobial and moisture retardant) and go over the old lining with some contact cement. What do you think? The reason for doing this is because my heel will slip..I took them out on the ice and it was a horrible ride.

Never done it myself but have seen a shoe repairer work on it by cutting the top of the liner around the top of the boot, peeling the liner back, pulling out the old foam, inserting / gluing new foam then sealing the liner back up with a thin leather strip that was glued in place and overlapped the top of the boot. The problem with just gluing the foam over the top of the existing liner is that every time you put your foot in the boot, you are going to be putting some shear stress on the foam and it will either break apart or come off the boot reasonably quickly.