Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HDHockey

Skate Sizing Question

Today there is a clearance sale on HM for the XR Premier skates, I was going to hold off for a new pair of the Alkali skates, but I need them before they come out and can't turn down the XR Premier for $229. I have a pair of old 20-90's (maybe 12 years) that are size 10D, they are just a tiny bit narrow and a tiny bit long. I wear 11k ice skates 9.5EE which fit great. I tried on the TotalOne NXG Ice Skates this past summer and the 9.5EE seemed a little tight.

With the XR Premier, should I go with the 9.5EE or 10EE?

Thanks!

Length will be the same between the XR Premier and NXG

Biggest difference will be the width. If you felt like the 9.5 EE NXG was tight, the Premiers will only be even tighter

received the XR Premier from Hockey Monkey and the 10EE fits well. Just curious with these how long should I bake them in a mission skate oven? Also, I read wheels/bearings can stay on, is that accurate?

It's best to take them to a pro shop to have your skates done properly (Hate to be that guy, but it's true)

I normally bake a size 10 skate for 3 to 4 minutes, depending on the temperature the oven is at

Just take the wheels off.

I don't feel comfortable baking wheels, even if the manufacturer says that it's ok

I baked my XR's at home following IW's video guide. The first skate after I baked them I tied them to tight and had some pain, but ever since that they have been an amazing skate.