Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snipes4u

New stick help for snap shots

Hey guys. I was wondering what stick you guys would recommend for quick release snap shots that has a lot of pop? I was thinking between the stealth CX and CCM reckoner. I have a vapor 1x and love it but was wondering if the cx or reckoner had even more pop or quicker release. Anyone use all 3 and make a comparison? Also I have used an Easton v9e, is the cx pretty much the same or a lot better. Was 'ok' but no where near an apx2 or 1x. Thanks

Hello, I am a new member here so you can take my opinion with a grain of salt. Sounds like you love the Bauer vapor 1x and this stick has a ton of pop. The CX is my favourite stick right now and I have always just loved Easton sticks. The CX is a little blade heavy and not as balanced as the 1x. I had 2 V9E and both were fragile. I got constant toe chips and I cover the toe with tape. When I removed the tape, I would literally get chips coming off with it. I think Easton has tried to listen and try to make it more durable. The exorim tech so far, I have had no chips in the toe after 2 months of use. I would also say there is less dings in the shaft also over my Synergy HTX.

I actually prefer the CCM over the 1X as well because the blade feel is softer but somehow still has just as much pop. But again the 1X is the best balanced stick out of the 3 and props to Bauer for both shaft and blade durability. I can't feel a difference in pop between the 3 because they are all good IMO.

Although, the Easton Stealth CX is my favourite because I am most consistent with it and use it all the time.

Cool thx for the heads up. Would you say that the v9e is the exact same as the stealth cx? Pop/feel etc?

IMO, there is more pop in the Stealth CX and you would be able to tell the difference especially the blade. Both V9E and CX is soft in the heel but I think because of the exorim technology the CX is softer and I have a better feel. If you love that whip you get with the hypertoe and elliptical taper, then you will love this stick.

I think Easton really tried this time to improve the durability and balance of this stick. The hyperlite tech improves on making it more balanced and less blade heavy then the V9E.

In conclusion, the pop will last a lot longer because of the xtx resin to help against dings on the shaft and the exorim tech in the blade. This is my favourite stick and love the whip I get. The V9E is a chipville cracker session just waiting to happen.