Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ruhnie

APX Pro Palms Durability

Apologies if this has been discussed but couldn't find a topic on it. I purchased a pair of APX Pros a couple of years ago and love the feel, but the palm on the glove that grips the bottom of the stick is completely wrecked already. I don't use any tape down there, so my assumption is the material doesn't like the grip on the sticks. I see a ton of discussions here about palm material, but I don't know the difference b/w them and not sure I would care. I just know I loved these gloves. So now that the APX2 Pros are on sale, I was contemplating them but am worried that the palms will suffer the same fate. I considered palm replacement but I don't have a backup pair to wear in the meantime. Should I go for another pair, maybe look at the non-Pros, or something else?

I had the same problem with the original APX gloves. I don't own the APX2, but it looks to be reinforced with a second layer on the thumb (where mine wore through) and in other high friction areas.

A lot of the top end model gloves do not have good durability, it's sacrificed for feel - Easton RS, Warrior Franchise, APX pro, Bauer 4 roll pro just to name a few from the last few years. If you liked them I'd buy another pair and get the other pair repalmed.