Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

akravetz

New brain bucket

Like an idiot after a game, I left my helmet at the rink. Didn't realize until the next day and well, it was gone. I had a Reebok 8K and liked it. Looking for a new one. Thoughts on a good helmet that isn't too expensive. My son, whom I have written about here, is 10 and has a IMS 7.0. I don't like the feel of it when I handle it. The plastic seems too soft and squeezable. I used to have an old, old CCM but that was too much like a motorcycle helmet. Thoughts? 

And how idiotic would I look if I got a dark green one. Our team colors are dark green. (sponsored by an Irish bar and our jerseys are the Minnesota Wild green and cream). Just asking. If I can find an old 8K, I might just get that. But figure I'll ask. I'm looking to spend no more than 130 or so with the cage. I had a Bauer cage on my Reebok helmet. I think it was the 9900 or something like that. It had an oval bulge if that helps. 

I've tried on a CCM and an Easton at a store, don't  remember which one and they didn't seem the right fit.