Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrData

W12 Pavelski vs W02 Lidstrom?

Just wondering what the actual differences are between the W12 Pavelski and the W02 Lidstrom patterns. I took a look at the 2014 catalogue pattern chart, but it says that the W12 has a round toe and is more of a mid... Not too sure how accurate that chart is.

Also, is the W12 still a clone of Wisniewski's pro pattern?

The W12 is indeed the Wis pattern. It is more of a mid-heel than a mid or heel. And yes it does have a round toe rather than a square one.

Damn. Just took a look at his actual pattern on Google. Looks like I was mistaken - I thought he used a square toe. That's a major bummer. So apart from the toe shape and (apparently) lie, what are the differences? Is the curve itself different? More open/closed? More towards mid or heel?

The lie is lower on the Wisniewski/Pavelski. There is also more rocker to the bottom. I found that the Lidstrom/clones have very little rocker. The Lidstrom may be a bit more heel than the Wizniewski and has a squarer toe.

Best way to describe the W12 is a combo of the Lidstrom and Bauer P106. I have had both P106's and W12 and could transition between the two easily. The lie, rocker, depth and loft are very similar. The toe shape is the big difference.

The toe on the W12 is not purely round, nor square. Its like the Iginla almost.