Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wehojp84

Depth of new Tacks skates vs. Supreme One.7

Hello All,

I am currently looking into getting some new skates and won't be able to get to the LHS to see for myself. Does anyone know how the depth of the new Tacks line compares to the Bauer Supreme One.7's?

Also, does anyone know if the new supreme line has the same depth as the old line (Supreme one.7 depth vs. Supreme 170)??

I have a pair of the One.7's size 6.5 EE and love them except that they aren't quite deep enough for my foot as I fail the pencil test so I can't really tie the laces as tight as I normally would like. I was thinking of getting some RBZ 80's but have heard bad things about the RBZ line build quality/durability and the heel pocket on them seems like it may be too wide.

I used to have a pair of Bauer Nexus 800's and the depth on those was great but the heal pocket was too narrow for my foot as my inside ankle's would sometimes rub up against the eyelets making them extremely uncomfortable.

In summary, if I could find a skate that has the depth of the Nexus line and the heel pocket width of the Supreme line it would be perfect for my foot.

With the above in mind, it seems the Tacks skate line might be perfect for me except I'm not sure how deep they are.

As a side note, I'm considering the 4052 or 5052 Tacks as I don't have the $$ for the top of the line models.

Any input would be much appreciated, thanks!

I tried on a pair at Hockey Monkey,and they are deeper and wider (which I need), but didn't like the way they felt. Felt sort of flimsy , just my opinion. These were the high-end ones as well.

I tried on a pair at Hockey Monkey,and they are deeper and wider (which I need), but didn't like the way they felt. Felt sort of flimsy , just my opinion. These were the high-end ones as well.

Hmm..that's kind of disappointing to hear as I was under the impression that the majority of the Tacks line was pretty stiff compared to the RBZ's and stiff in general...but thanks for the feedback though!

I have had my new Tacks 5052's for 6 weeks now. Playing 2-3 times a week on average. I LOVE THEM!

I had 752 Tacks back in the late 90's and these remind me of how they felt. Mine are plenty stiff enough for me, and I'm a big guy. (When I tried on the top of the line Tacks they felt too stiff) I baked them one time before I skated in them. It took a couple times to really feel comfortable, but after that they are great. I like a deep boot too and these fit the bill. Nice heel lock for me and I use an 8EE skate. My fitted work boot size with Red Wing is a 10D. After the first couple sessions I did go buy the CCM custom support insole (medium). That made a huge difference too. I felt like I got a top end skate for a mid range price.

I tried on the Nexus, Supreme, RBZ and Mako's and the Tacks fit me best. Deep enough, nice heel lock and plenty of room in the toe box.

I'm playing in RBZ and they are very stiff, which I like. Mine aren't retail though and the tongue on mine are way thicker than the retail version. I really like the RBZ a lot.