Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nyquil

Sherwood HOF Shins

So this is kind of a follow up to my wide calves post.  Has anyone tried these on (the new HOF line, not the old Traditional line) so they can answer a couple questions.  I've watched Ice Warehouse's video but still have some questions about the fit because I can't try them on myself.  Do they run big/small/right size?  How much elastic does the calf strap have?  do they appear more durable than "classic" shin guards with the $20 jump in price?

I searched every pro shop and hockey shop in Rochester (NY) and no one has them.  One one shop actually had Sherwood protective gear and the manager told me he wasn't getting any shins.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'd be curious, too to hear if anyone has any feedback on these. Have you looked at any of the NOS Reebok shins up on Ebay? They're proud of them but they supposedly are quite generous width-wise.

I do have the Sher-wood Vintage 5030 shoulders in a XXL and they're probably the only shoulders on the planet that I can adjust to fit me.

I used to have the Sherwood 5030 shins when they first came out. I know these HOF shins re a little different but I remember the ones I had ran short and wide, strapping was ok but I def needed a lot of tape to keep them in place. My skinny bird legs just couldn’t fit in them

I also may be able to grab a pair of Bauer Pro Vintage (predecessor of Nexus).  Does anyone know how they run as far as sizing?  Large, small or right on the number?