Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DeI 18

New Skates

Which skates should I get?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just started playing roller again after 2 years, and my skates are terrible. The wheels are all worn down to one side, but it would be useless to get new ones cuz the boots are shot to hell. I have a limited amount to spend ($200or so) on these, and suggestions are welcome. Also, I'm not quite sure how Tours fit, but those ones fall into my price range, so a quick description would be much appreciated.

Thanks, guys.

I would go with the Vectors. Nikes boots are cut too high and the fit is too narrow for my foot, but they may be fine for your foot. The Vapor Pro Rs are the same boot as the Vapor IX ice boot which I had and those broke down in about a month. When I tried The Tour Silvermax, I found that the boots really lacked support. I have PF8s and they are a wider boot but the fit is comfortable as well as stiff and the skatelock is a nice feature.

Just go to s store who stock plenty of boots and try as many on as you can. Ignore the brand (to an extent) just go with what feels best on your foot, width, arches, angle etc.

I've always found converting ice boots is better because they seem to be more durable than roller specific boots

I just received my Tour Silvermax's to replace my 2003 Mission R skates (used them tops about 40 skates) and the boot has just softened up to the point that every stride i take is going outwards of sideways. The Tours were incredibly tight fiitng to the point it hurt to put them on. After about half a game (yea i know i should have at least broken them in first) they loosened up as the foam started to mold to my feet.

My first intial thoughts after 1 game is that their "fit" is quite a bit different from my missions and Vapor X (ice boot that i use) they seem to want to push your heel forward for lack of a better way to describe it.

Unfortunatly I skate like a slug so I'm not sure how much of a performance difference the Hummer chassis provides.

I've never liked the fit of tours. Had a couple of pairs and just lace bite hell.

As I said I think just put them on, if they feel good, buy em.

I thought I'd never go to ccm gear again (didn't like the hard feel of the vectors), until I tried the 8K RBK, and it felt like an extentsion of my foot.