Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kevinbelt

most exciting non-nhlers

I will be a homer here and say Greg Pankewicz of the Central Hockey League. He reached the NHL at one time but never stuck. Panks has an electric shot (which is still better than most guys in the NHL). He is a good skater and has an edge to his game. He's one of those guys that just owns the ice when they are out there.

He was a clear winner of the MVP this season and finally won his first championship at a professional level. Oh, and the nine points at the CHL all-star game doesn't hurt.

If we're still allowing players from the Dub then Phaneuf. He's so versatile in his job back on the line. Fantastic player.

Pavel Rosa (if he played any D at all, he would be amazing)

Definitely have to agree with this one. Rosa was amazing in the AHL and great in Europe too.

Too bad the Kings wouldn't keep him, but probably let him go cause he wasn't the best at D, but damn, he had some nice goals. This year the Kings (should I say Monarchs) had Mike Cammalleri who was a great scorer, but also lacked in D.

Camlarri is a very exciting player. Who has scored at every level he's played at

Greg Pankewicz of the Central Hockey League.

He was a clear winner of the MVP this season and finally won his first championship at a professional level. Oh, and the nine points at the CHL all-star game doesn't hurt.

Too bad he did not make a career in the NHL!

And what an all-star game this year!

was Miki Dupont any fun to watch? Small skilled defensemen....By the way Ramzi Abid will earn a regular NHL shift with the Penguins.

Penguins are a farm team basicly

well considering they have the brightest future in the league, and all their prospects have had another year of seasoning, im sure they will have made a big improvement from where they were last year. Also Abids numbers in the NHL are very formidable thus far.

The Penguins aren't even close to the Caps in terms of prospect development. Caps are the clear cut number 1, and that is coming from a Habs fan.

i disagree, i do remember when the penguins got lupaschuk, beech, and sivek all from the caps in the jagr deal.... Also compare their AHL teams, who's been doing better? The Baby Pens have done really well over the last few years...

Not very many of the Caps' top prospects play for the Wolf Pack, so that is really apples to oranges. But, if we are doing that, the Baby Pens' suck, with questionably the most talented roster in the whole AHL, but the WP still had 106 points this year, to the Pens' 93.

Here:

Alexander Ovechkin (LW), Alexander Semin (LW), Maxime Ouellet (G), Eric Fehr (RW), and Steve Eminger (D).

to

Evgeni Malkin ©, Marc-Andre Fleury (G), Ryan Whitney (D), Noah Welch (D), and Colby Armstrong (RW).

The Caps also have Shaonne Morrisonn, Fleischmann, Mike Green, Jakub Klepis. If you want you could add Chris Bourque, but you decide.

to the Pens:

Maxime Talbot, Sergei Anshakov, Matt Murley, Ben Eaves, Andy Chiodo.

Hard to argue, but I guess your opinion is your opinion..

well i would include malone, beech, koltsov, and orpik... but because they got the chance to play in the NHL because of the state of the penguins, I guess they're not considered prospects. I would still call them prospects because of their age... and if you add them in there, I would say that blows the caps away. They also forget to mention Ryan Stone and Jon Filewich, who were top scorers in juniors this year.

I'd say Orpik is an NHL regular now, he played the whole season in Pittsburgh last year, I believe. But hey, I think that both teams have really bright futures ahead for them, and hopefully no other exterior factors affect that.

Not very many of the Caps' top prospects play for the Wolf Pack, so that is really apples to oranges. But, if we are doing that, the Baby Pens' suck, with questionably the most talented roster in the whole AHL, but the WP still had 106 points this year, to the Pens' 93.

Where do you get the caps being affiliated with the pack? The pack's been with the rangers ever since they started. Are the caps the secondary affiliate or something?

Where do you get the caps being affiliated with the pack? The pack's been with the rangers ever since they started. Are the caps the secondary affiliate or something?

Ah, my bad. I was thinking Portland, I believe. I confused Steve Eminger and the big guy from the Pack, and then I confused the teams..woops

Edit: I confused Steve Eminger for Lawrence Nycholat