Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sassmasta

Mission Carbster helmet and more

Hey guys I have a series of questions to ask, as you can see I am new to this message board, however I am not new to hockey.

Question 1: I just picked up a never used Mission Carbster helmet, I am having problems getting a cage to fit on it, mainly becasuse theres nothing to secure the cage to on the back of the helmet. With that being said Im probably going to go with a half shield, which ones fit and which ones dont? Also does anyone have experience with this helmet?

Question 2: After about 2 years Im finaly wearing through the palms of my D2 gloves. Its time for new ones. Im leaning towards the Vapor XXX, but I hear nothing but good about Eagles gloves, what do you think I should do?

Thanks for your time guys

Question 1: I just picked up a never used Mission Carbster helmet, I am having problems getting a cage to fit on it, mainly becasuse theres nothing to secure the cage to on the back of the helmet. With that being said Im probably going to go with a half shield, which ones fit and which ones dont? Also does anyone have experience with this helmet?

Well your cage should have come with some hardware including the side pieces (brackets) that hold the cage in position and snaps so you can snap it down. The snap location on my carbster is behind the ear, I'm not sure if I had to replace the bolts that were there with snaps or if they were already there, regardless get some snaps and replace the bolts behind the ear, but since you're going with a shield you can probably just bolt it straight into the sides and top of the helmet using the hardware that came with the shield. My carbster new out of the box did not include any mounting hardware. Ask your LHS for some hardware if you don't have any.

Question 2:  After about 2 years Im finaly wearing through the palms of my D2 gloves.  Its time for new ones.  Im leaning towards the Vapor XXX, but I hear nothing but good about Eagles gloves, what do you think I should do?

I have a pair of Eagle X70's. I love them they are awsome gloves. THey costed alot but they last a long time and you can send them back to eagle if you get holes in them to get re palmed.

in the question about the gloves i would go with the vapor XXX, i have had 4 pairs of eagles and blew through all of them in like half a season, and i also found them to be slightly difacult to break in, the vapor XXX on the other hand are amazing, i have had them since chrsitmas and i have now just got a tiny hole in the palm, they felt 100% broekn in right out of the bag, and for that hole, they give you a second set of palms so it will only cost a few dollars to have it sewn in, i would go wtih the XXX's

If your M-2's lasted long, why would you not stick with Mission? Try the new L Series or Helium gloves...I am sure you will love them...

Also, they are $50-$75 dollars cheaper than XXX or Eagle

When are the L7's supposed to be out?

also...when are the new Hex-1 sticks supposed to be released?

The only reason I wasnt looking at mission is because I didnt know how long the wait would be until I could get my hands on the L-7's...

The only reason I wasnt looking at mission is because I didnt know how long the wait would be until I could get my hands on the L-7's...

When I spoke to Mission customer service this afternoon they estimated "sometime in July" for the L7 gloves. I have a few Hex's in stock, all 85s, the rest are coming around the end of July according to the same CS rep.

If its possible, could you take some pictures of the Ribeiro curve. I know a few of the members are interested, including myself.

If your M-2's lasted long, why would you not stick with Mission? Try the new L Series or Helium gloves...I am sure you will love them...

Also, they are $50-$75 dollars cheaper than XXX or Eagle

I'll second that my helium750 MSH specials are awesome I honestly don't think you can get a better glove for the money.

If its possible, could you take some pictures of the Ribeiro curve. I know a few of the members are interested, including myself.

My digi cam is in a box right now, I should be able to do it next week. With any luck I will find it by then.

When I spoke to Mission customer service this afternoon they estimated "sometime in July" for the L7 gloves. I have a few Hex's in stock, all 85s, the rest are coming around the end of July according to the same CS rep.

What Curve patterns do you have available in the hex's? And how much are you chargin per stick?

What Curve patterns do you have available in the hex's? And how much are you chargin per stick?

I have 2 LH Hull, 4 RH Hull, 4 RH Ribeiro, all 85 flex. They're $159

Evidently customer service was partly wrong. My L7 gloves and Z1 sticks showed up this morning.

Evidently customer service was partly wrong. My L7 gloves and Z1 sticks showed up this morning.

I spent all last week working with customer service in Montreal working on teaching them about Roller hockey, the basics of inline skates, etc....It was very helpful to them and should help them understand our customer's questions better...

I spent all last week working with customer service in Montreal working on teaching them about Roller hockey, the basics of inline skates, etc....It was very helpful to them and should help them understand our customer's questions better...

Nearly everyone there I've spoken to in customer service has been very nice and helpful and I probably got the one guy on a bad day. I know I have my share of those.