Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crosskore

power bars

I believe the bars say 30 - 45 minutes before activity depending on the bar. I usually have a one 45 - 60 minutes before late games and that has worked really well so far.

Is it ok to have one before everygame? or does it eventualy start to hurt your body or anything? Like i heard fibre shakes and shakes that help you build muscles can hurt your body. Is there any side effects with power bars?

The bars are mostly taken 30 min before a physical activity, the same applies to Power Gels but because of the cafeine they do work no doubt about that.

Is it ok to have one before everygame? or does it eventualy start to hurt your body or anything? Like i heard fibre shakes and shakes that help you build muscles can hurt your body. Is there any side effects with power bars?

I'm not a nutrionist or anything but they shouldn't hurt as long as you don't suppliment them for meals on a regular basis. I only use them for late games or for early morning mountain biking. I try to just eat a balanced meal beofre earlier games when I can.

It's also good to drink water when you consume the product, it get's in your system faster.

Guest phillyfan

As a superstition, I always have a Peanut Butter or Chocolate Power Bar and a Lemon Gatorade on the ride to the rink, I usually shoot to get to the rink about an hour before a game, so about 1.5 hours before I game I'd estimate. Having the power bar gives me the sense of added energy and endurance, as opposed to not having one before a game.