Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Chadd

Salming F1 Skate

Jason at Salming sent these skates to me and asked me to review them.

Fit- I tested the E width and they were more than wide enough for me. In fact I believe Jason posted that when he got the new D with model they were as wide as the old E width model. The left skate was a little tight (length) so I tried to bake it and stretch it a little to fit my foot better. In any case, it's a very comfortable boot. No arch, heel or toecap problems at all. It's also a very deep fitting skate, great for guys like me. 8/10

Blade/Holder- t'blades. You either love them or hate them. I won't hold my personal problems with t'blades against the skate itself.

Weight- Not the heaviest, not the lightest. To me, it's just important that they don't feel heavy. These didn't bother me at all in terms of weight. 7/10

Protection- I only caught a couple pucks in the feet and there was no real pain at all. The toe cap is solid and protective as well. 8/10

Durability- I only used them for a month or so and there isn't any sign of wear at all. I am going to give them to someone else to test and will continue to update this review. n/a

Conclusion- A nice-looking, well-built skate with t'blades for under $275. Compared to other skates in the price range with t'blades, these offer way more bang for the buck.

5’-10†at 175 pounds. I ordered the skates from the Salming Outlet on Ebay. Paid $150. At first I was a little leery about ordering skates online. I was not sure if I would get the proper fit, but I emailed my foot measurements and was told what size I should get. They ended up fitting the same as my old CCM skates size 6.5.

Fit- The fit was by far the best fit I have a had out of the box. The boot slipped on like a slipper. I think that they are a little more roomer then the CCM skates. The CCM skates that I have had before fit me fine while I was skating, but I would have to struggle to put them on. The best thing I have found about the skates is the material that the tongue and the around the eyelets is made of (I believe it is leather) is finished in a way that the laces stay tight though out the entire game. 10/10

Blade/Holder- I was also a little leery about the t’blade system, but since the only local skate shop in Nashville that could sharpen skates that well went out of business, I figured I would give them a try. The t’blade that came with the skate was way to shallow for me and the skate would fish tale out from under me, but once I was advised by a teammate on what t’blade number to get, the blades have been fantastic. I think that the t’blade system is just as good as any other holder that I have used. 9/10

Weight- The weight is not the lightest skate I have tested, but they seam to be equivalent to the second line skate of most of the other brands. (CCM Vector 6.0, Bauer XIX, Easton Synergy 900) 8/10

Protection- I play defense in one league and center in another, so I experience a lot of different pucks and sticks to the skates and have not felt any pain from shots or slashes. The toecap is sold and the panels appear to be a solid material like the Easton Synergys. 9/10

Durability- I have only used them for a couple of months. I play at least twice a week and they appear to be holding up very well. Other then a few scuffmarks on the toecap and on the t’blades they look just as good as they did out of the box. 9/10

Conclusion- I have skated before in CCM Tacks 652, CCM Externo 60, CCM Vector 6.0, and Easton Ultra Lites and think that the Salming F1 skate is just as good as any other skate on the market. They appear to be in line with the CCM Vector 6.0 skate except that you get a fully composite outsole and Clairno lining for the same price. Anyone looking for a skate in the $275 to $300 price range should give these a try. I got them for a steal at $150. 9/10