Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy_b97

NHL / NHLPA Talks

Apperantly there has been some serious talks about limiting the schedule to 72 games. In this schedule ther would be no "interlock" play between confrences. 10 games for each team in your division and then 4 more against each other team in your confrence, or something similar. I think this is an awful idea, it means season ticket holders will no longer get to see some of the great players in the NHL and great rivalries will be cut out, but they have also been building up towards eliminating this.

Shorter travel should save some costs and fewer games should mean every game is more important. It does suck that Detroit and Chicago won't play the other original 6 teams.

Season won't be as heavy in October and I'd guess there will be more time between games.

I dont get any of this stuff, what is the CBA? and why would there not be hockey next year? what is a lockout and why would there be a work stoppage?

CBA = Collective Barganing Agreement

It's the contact the players and owners are currently working under, it states the rules and other stuff like that (free agency ages, terms, picks, ect.) This agreement is about to expire and they are currently working on getting a new deal done. If they are not in agreement the NHL owner's will probably "lock them out" and thus having no NHL season, because they are "locked out" from playing and there is no contract in place. I'm sure somebody else may be able to help with anymore questions, this isn't really my area of expertise and I appologize if I messed up anything.

There is a book called "MoneyPlayers" that is written by Bruce Dowbiggin. It talks about the about the CBA and how the NHL teams have come to their financial position.

I picked it up on amazon.ca, although, I am sure you could find it just about anywhere in Canada. Not sure about the US.