Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whip

NHL Edmonton

Non hit league for minor hockey edmonton.

I ve been playing ball hockey for a few years now and I want to try ice hockey however I am 17 and barely skate and dont kno how to hit so I want to give this league a try. I was just wondering if anyone on the forums play in this league. Any feedback would be greatley apprectiated.

the best thing to do if you want to learn how to hit would be going to a camp or a learn to play program. unless you just want to take a few and figure it out on your own.

If your starting out, its a great way to get used to ice hockey... but just don't tell anyone that you started out in the non hit league if/when you go into contact, there may be a few jeers/comments if that gets out. lol.

Yea I don't know any kids who don't get beaked like crazy for playing there, although I don't personally know anyone who does, I hear the stories..

But, if you want to play ice I say giver and don't really listen to the people carving you

I was just wondering if there were any members on here that played in the league. I just want to know if there are enough people to have a league and things such as competiveness of the league. I ve been roller blading and I heard the myths and such. I am a really good rollerblader and hitting wont be a problem for me since in ball hockey I tend to hit but not like ice hockey open ice hits. I would rather join the non hit league and be the best player as oppose to dragging down my team on a hit league, I would hate to be the worst player on the team.

sherwood- I've heard some stories about people getting razzed for it.

Whip- if your looking to get into ice hockey by all means go that route, it seems to be a fairly competitive league. Even though its just for fun.