Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Chadd

Mission M-2

Reviewer backgroud: 6'1", 220 lb beer league player. Play twice a week. I used input form MSH when buying these pants. Cost $49.99 US

Duration of time product used: 18 months

Fit: Definitely not a NA type pant. Euro cut, and snug without being restrictive. The leg openings are wide without feeling like I'm wearing bell bottoms or stovepipes. I think the word countour hits it right. The liner is slick and seems frictionless when skating. It has some type of antimicrobial property in it to keep it fresh. I can say that after 18 months it's still pretty stink free and I do take my stuff out and hang it after every game. The belt is good as I don't like to wear suspenders. 10/10.

Protection: Good. Legs and hips are comfortably padded without feeling bulky. Floating spine protector took some getting used to. Kidney protection is good but rides a little high. Tailbone protection is good as I fall on my a## alot. The only points I'll take off are between the tailbone and hip there seems to be a coverage issue. If you fall on the outer corner of your glute you'll notice it for sure. 10/10

Weight: Not terrible. You notice it when they're wet after a game but nothing to complain about compared to the other models in the price range. 8/10

Durability: These things are Tanks! Being a little over an average skater I've had my share of drops. Not an issue at all, but consider my usage time also. 2 times a week for 18 months is still not bad. No loose threads, busted seams, skate cuts, or bad zippers. 10/10

Intangibles: The two things that make this pant stand out are 1. Leg zippers - a $50US pair of pants with leg zippers. Being able to put on your skates before your pants is an important thing for us beer leaguers. We have a little more freight on the train so to say. At the time the closest thing was a pair of Supreme 3000's approx $99. Superb feature on a price point pant. 2. The frictionless lining - the pants glide around you when you stride and I really don't notice them when skating. The internal belt rocks also. 10/10

Conclusion: An incredible pair of pants for an incredible price. At the time of this review the M2's are on closeout as Mission will be debuting an upgraded pair of these for 05-06. If you can find a pair buy them. You won't regret it.

Overall review : 48/50 or 96%.