Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#28tz

Chassis

I have Pf8s and i want to change the chassis on it to a mission hi lo chassis on my D2cs.

Would this work as my mission are 11 and my ccms are 10 but ccms come up big so there bigger than the missions.

Size wise, they should work. Once you get over a 9-1/12 to 10 you are pretty much on a Large size chassis anyway. Check your Mission chassis, it should have a little "L" or maybe "Large" somewhere on it. I'm thinking back towards the heel.

I put a Mission Carbon Generator on my Easton ZAir comps awhile back, and I didn't have any problems with the mount.

i spoke to my hockey shop and as i am having both pairs of skates chassis switched it will cost me 50 english pounds!!

So i think i might try and do it my self but does anyone have any instructions.

if i dont remove the chassis to make it more of a hi lo set up could i change it from a 72 76 76 80 to 72 72 76 76 or would this not be a good setup as the wheels would be too small.

As far as 50 Pounds...it's about 50 bucks to have them done here in the states! Not much of a difference. And I'd suggest you do it that way. They know how to do it, and have the proper tools. If you do it wrong, it could result in the chassis popping off and you possibly getting seriously hurt. 50 Pounds seems worth it when you look at the damage a self-installation could do.

The setup of wheel sizes...I dunno about the CCM chassis. It might work. Take it to your local hockey store, see if they will just let you try a junk 76mm wheel or something. Can't be any harm in that, you aren't using them.

That chassis is designed to use the size wheels that is marked on it: 72 76 76 80. Anything else will result in wheels not touching and the skate will feel funny. I don't think you should mess with your skates and change the frames, first of all because it is expensive, and second of all because I don't think you would notice much of a difference. The pitch of both skates should be similar, and just because of the wheel size change from one chassis to the other doesn't mean that they will feel any different. If you do decide to change it, please by all means have your hockey shop do this. Unless you have a skate rivet machine there is no way to do this propely, and you don't want to butcher a pair of nice skates yourself.

Graf makes some RMS fasteners that don't require a riveter. I know a dad on this board is mounting frames all the time for his son. Hopefully he'll chime in. It's doable but a pain in the ass.

I haven't seen that "Dad" in awhile. Is he still posting? I have some Tour questions for him...

well i think ill stay on the setup and as far as getting a black chassis on the silver skate i just spray painted it and i was wondering should i put a clear coat over the top of the black?

Just for those who are thinkin about spraying a chassis i sprayed my silver one black and then covered it in a clear spray paint called lacquer and it came out perfect and im no artist and ive played on it 3 times and not a scratch or a chip.

I haven't seen that "Dad" in awhile. Is he still posting? I have some Tour questions for him...

If you have any questions on tour hockey equipment I would just send them a E-mail at info@tourhockey.com or shoot tour17 a PM.

If you use the search function you should be able to find some fairly detailed descriptions of the way to do your own chassis conversions on here including the use of the Graf RMS system....as for my comments on Tour skates, specifically the Blue Max and the Beemer....the boot itself was supposed to have been more expensive to make than the Beemer boot because of the use of some slightly more exotic composite materials. The overall cost was similar, because of the difference in the cost of the wheels used.

My impressions on the stiffness were based on the use of these composite materials, and the experiences of some of the players who had used both....however the difference in stiffness was supposed to have been very slight....Both skates afforded a fair amount of ankle flex in the fore and aft direction, but seemed to have plenty of support laterally. They were definitely a "lower cut" boot..which semed to help the fore and aft flex.

The absentee "Dad"