Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Chadd

Bauer 8000

Bauer 8000 Helmet

Cage: Itech RBE i2 III

Fit: The Bauer 8000 has a verycomfortable fit, not tight at all unless you purchase it to small. I found it to be very padded, which made it so it wouldnt move around on my head during play. 9/10

Protection: The 8000 has alot of new protection that i liked over my previous helmet the 5000. It has 2 new adjustables so it will fit better in different spots. The pads in it i find to be much more comfortable then the 5000. More protection overall. 10/10

Weight: The 8000 is a little heavier than the 5000 IMO, but overall its still relativley light compared to some CCM big bulky helmets i have used. 8/10

Durability: I had bought the 8000 about 1 year ago and have used it all last year. All the padding in it is staying in tact very well, like brand new, no real marks on it, all the plastic is like new! 9.5/10

Intangibles: I love all the new protection in this, also i like the adjustables on it where it will fit much better and the new chin strap on it much more comfortable! 10/10

Conclusion: I love this helmet to death! I like it much more than that 5000 and previous helmets i have used, I dont think i would wear any other helmet.

Overall Rating: 9.3

Bauer 8000 Helmet

Cage: Tru-Vision

Fit: The Bauer 8000 is very, very comfortable. it has many new features that let you adjust the helmet to you head. very good upgrade from my previous 5000.

9.5/10

Protection: The 8000 is more protective than any other helmet i have ever owned. the 5000 was very protective, but once in a while i would get a bad hit and be in question if my head was alright. with this helmet, no questioning. feels more "cushy" and hits dont seem as bad.

10/10

Weight: the weight of a helmet is nto a huge deal to me, it is heavier than my 5000 just because of the new features and adjustability and because of it being a little bit bigger. the trade off is it is much more protective.

8.5/10

Durability: I have used the helmet about 1/2 of a season, and it still looks as if it was new. the only thing that has happened is the housings that the screws for the cage attach to have come loose. it does not effect anything, but just a little annoyance.

9/10

Intangibles: I love the new technology that went into this helmet. it even has a padded chin strap, which is very comfortable. the only downside to this helmet, is the looks. the looks are not as traditional as say a 5000, but hockey is not a fasion show, as long as i know my head is safer in this helmet, i am happy.

9/10

Conclusion: I love the helmet, it is much more comfortable than the 5000 and other helmets I have had. the only other helmet that i would have looked at that i didn't have a chance to was the reebok 8k, but i really love this helmet and i am glad i bought it.

Overall Rating: 9.5