Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guitarlp

Tour Code1's shipping online...

would you say that those are as lite or almost as lite as the H950 or PF10?

man those wheels are driving me crazy!! only thing that worries me besides me buying them after just getting the PF10 is i heard the tongue is kinda of thin which some peope like but not me because of my skate bite problems.

96-

i was wearing 8.5 graf 703's, i got a wide foot too, but i tend to just wear 8-8.5 and they always work out. i always thought the tour boots were narrow in the toe cap to begin with, that's why i never bought them previously.

i used to wear a 8.5 Z-air skate, the old version, but they were too tight on my toes...i ordered a size 8 tour skate, and when you just put them on, they seem to be too small, but like all skates, you really need to lace them up so they force your foot into the heel of the skate.

i also had the advantage of trying them on via my roommate, who also purchased a size 8.

personally, i think you'll be fine, but i've had to send stuff back to epuck before, and they have amazing customer service, and will get the skates out just as fast.

enjoy!

Thanks for the info Vita. I've had to send stuff to Epuck too, and they've been great everytime.

I'm just kinda in rush to have them. And if they don't work, I'll have to send them back quick.

But thanks to Mother Nature, and the Lovely Katarina rampaging through Louisiana, I'm thinking turnaround time on a return could be delayed somewhat.

In a more personal note- Dunno know if there are any fellow ModSquaders in LA, but good luck to ya. I hope you come out unscathed.

would you say that those are as lite or almost as lite as the H950 or PF10?

man those wheels are driving me crazy!!  only thing that worries me besides me buying them after just getting the PF10 is i heard the tongue is kinda of thin which some peope like but not me because of my skate bite problems.

I've never skated on the 950's... but I did have the 750's. They're lighter then both. I haven't picked up the PF10's though so I can't say anything about that. The tounge is thinner then my Bauer XXX's... well... maybe not thinner... but the XXX's have more plastic or something in the tounge. The nice thing about the Code-1's though is that the little code-1 label on the tounge actually works as extra padding to help fight against lace bite.

Im impressed.. hopefully there wont be any problems since tour has been making this skate for so long to make sure there were no defects. As for the wheels.. i heard they are a solid wheel, one of my friends used the genesis and the wheel cracked right by the hub of the wheel.. just keep an eye in that area.. other then that.. lookin spiffy

Got the skates today. When I got the box, I was thinking they forgot to put the skates in it! It was THAT noticeably light. I laced them up, put them on...INCREDIBLE. Felt like there was nothing on my feet. They fit perfectly. Had them laced up for about 30 mins, and no out-of-the-box pain. These should be ready to rock for the 1st game.

Skating around the house on my kitchen floor tryin to get a feel, I noticed some things. Obviously, the weight. I never had Wicked Lites or HE950's but these are much, much lighter than my VSI Carbons or any converted boot I've done. The all 80mm setup doesn't seem like it will take long to get used to. It does feel very sturdy, like I have a firmness under my feet that I never really felt with HiLo. I always felt like the front of the skate was unbalanced. The non hi-lo is noticeable right off though, especially after being on them for so long. They feel very straight. And they don't have that slight rocker that all Mission skates have because of their upturned front foot. Taking that first push off will probably be a little wierd for a bit, while I get used to to an 80 wheel and not a 72.

Size-wize, I got an 8. When laced, I have PLENTY of room upfront. I have a wide, almost flat foot, and these are very comfy. I like a little snugness, so I have always bought my skates a little small to get a tight fight. I'll list the skates and sizes I have, that way if you have them, you have a good idea of what to expect.

Again...Size 10 almost 10 1/2 regular shoe size. All my sneakers are size 10s. Wide forefoot, almost flatfooted. Very little arch:

Mission VSI Carbon - 9.5, Mission VSI '99 - 9 (a little tight), D1C - 8 1/2 (tight!)

Easton Zair Comp - 8 (Fit very well)

CCM Outcast - 8 (front ok, heel was too tight)

Bauer 30-90 - 8 (they had a wiiiide toebox, so they fit well)

I have tried on Graf G3 and CCM Vectors. I believe in the Vectors I was snug in 8, but tolerable. I think I was leaning more towards 8 1/2. G3's fit amazingly well, almost perfect, and they were a size 8.

Hope all the info helps. Let me know if you any other questions I can help you with.

i still use my old mission proto vsi skates from years ago with new chassies. I wear a size 12 in those skates. I am guessing i should order a size 11 in the code 1s. i always heard tour run 1 size smaller then your normal shoe size. since i am a 12 i am prob gunna order a 11. i hope they fit haha

they look super nice from all the pics so far.

Ok..I played a game tonight in the new skates. I just want to say, I will probably never go back to HiLo. I was that impressed. The setup makes you feel very flat. There is no rocker, no hoppy motion. But is very steady and very fast. In hilo I was always a quick skater, but when trying to gain that extra breakout speed, I didn't feel confident. Skating against guys with hi-lo, I was able to gain speed around them, and keep it. That's huge. Grip was good. I felt like all the wheels were really sticking to the surface, and in tight turns, they felt sturdy. The genesis wheels are great. Very light and very grippy. I ran into BC80 after my game and I was telling him they were a little too grippy for me. I like to slide just a little. But they were made to be grippy, and they did.

Downsides...not really many. The Hummer chassis took about a period and half to get used to. My first-step quickness was probably a little better with hi-lo, but once you get that jump, you keep it. Other downside is the side "bumpers" are a soft material and scuffed easily. I really like the felt-like bumper on my VSIs. They are 6 years old now, and still look brand new. The Tour bumpers are probably better than straight plastic like on some other skates, but not quite what Mission had. I suspect that over time, that area of the skate will show alot of wear.

Overall, the skate is the real deal. If you have the money and the opportunity to at least try them out, do so. I think you will be pleased.

Hahah, poor Shutie. I've heard PF10s are light. I was drying out the skates tonight and I had to pick one of the new babies up, and I was like wow I can't believe this thing is a skate! It almost feels too light. Plasticky (sp). Like it shouldn't be a skate or something. But when you put it on, it's like nothing else you've ever tried...

those skates sure r purdy..... ran into #96 and got to see them in person. wow they just look cool hhaha. i am deff getting myself a pair. i love my old vsi's but they are heavy as hell and since i am a size 12 its real heavy on my feet. ill prob order mine this week.

Vita, what size did you get for Code 1's and what size were your Grafs?

I ordered a pair from Epuck on Friday. Size 8. I have Bauer 30-90's in 8, Easton Zair Comps in 8, CCM Outcasts in 8, and Missions in 9.5 and 9. Im really hoping these will fit. I don't feel like sending them back to Louisiana.

The Tour guy said they are fitting like Bauers, but then Quitarlip mentioned that the toe isn't as wide as Bauers, so his 8.5 Tours are a bit small and his toe is hitting the front of the skate.

But my Bauers are size 8 EE... with an EE width the toe is going to be wider. Size 8.5 fits me nicely. In Tours size 8 my toes were too scrunched at the front. Not that my big toe was scrunched... but the outer sides of my feet around the toe area were scrunched (make sense?). If the skates came a little wider like the Bauer EE then I'd fit into an 8... but at the current width I'm an 8.5.

I got mine last Wednesday and I love them... super light... yet still a lot of support. I love everything about them and they are 100 times better then the Mission HE750's I was skating on.

The only problem I have is that some of the wheels wobble. I can move the wheels back and forward with my hands... and when skating you can hear them click. I contact Tour and they said to contact Labeda as it may be the wheels. I contacted Labeda and they said it's probably the wrong size spacer (just a little to big). Labeda took my number and told me they would call me back on Monday (I called late on Friday and they said Tour would already be closed). The guy from Labeda said he's heard of this happening before with the mini bearings a few years ago with Mission. Either way, he said Labeda or Tour would take care of everything and I have nothing to worry about. After speeking with him and Tour I'm very happy with both companies. I think their customer service is amazing!

Here is a pic of mine :)

tour_skates.jpg

I must say that Labeda chassis and wheel setup is sexy! Also Tour should take a new photo because your own pic makes the skate look much better than the stock one.

Don't mean to bring up a dead thread..

I was at my local hockey warehouse today, and the friendly midwest Tour rep was there showing off and demo'ing all of his 2006 gear. All I have to say is WOW.

The Code 1's are AMAZING. I'm really hoping that Mission brings the REAL goods to the table, because as of now, the number one skate I'm looking to is the Code 1's. They felt super rigid and stiff in all the right spots, the chassis is amazing, and the Genesis wheels look to be real performers. I could not get over how amazing these skates are.

Even the subsequent skates in the line were good as well. The E2's share the same chassi/wheel combo, but the boot doesn't have as many materials for support in it. Still looked to be 80% of the Code-1, but 89-100 bucks cheaper. the Code Reds are a good steal too. Then there were a pair of E800's, I think they were called. Still looked solid.

Overall, I am SUPER impressed with what Tour has going in 06. I've skated Mission since their debut in '96, but I am seriously interested in the Code 1's now. I'm scared to possibly switch, but we'll see what Mission's feel like (my shop gets them in 1.5 weeks.)

I also found out I wear a size 6 in tour. So small, so sad ;)

I am extremely happy with mine. They are extremely stiff and extremely light. I too was surprised with the initial weight when I first picked them up. I am still undecided on the Hu'mer as I've been on Hi-Lo's all of my Inline hockey life. Additional info - I wear a size 7 and have to keep the top eyelet unlaced as the boot is that stiff.