Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

Need articles about "state of" NHL teams

Kerry is over in Germany setting up a tour with the Hanson Brothers, so I haven't spoken to him since last Wednesday. I sent him an email and will let you know what I learn.

Kerry is over in Germany setting up a tour with the Hanson Brothers, so I haven't spoken to him since last Wednesday. I sent him an email and will let you know what I learn.

If you do speak to him let me know how many of the other teams need to be done. I turned in one and I have some notes for a couple of others.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the great response on the stories. I am sorry I have not responded but I have been traveling in Germany promoting the Hanson Brothers German Tour! I have been informed by our layout team that I need to edit the stories to 350-400 words per story due to the size of the photos and statistics. Your byline will be printed on your page. The complete story will be published on our website with a bio of the writer. I need info on all writers and accreditation for each story. The magazine will printed Oct. 11, so I need all stories and changes for Friday Oct 7. Please email all stories, bios and/or comments to goulet29@29sports.com.

I will be back in Canada Tuesday look forward to talking to you then. My cell # is 416-828-2929

Kerry

You're right. Kerry's sent me about eight of the write-ups for the teams, and the format looks even better than last year's issues.

By the way, you should contact Kerry and let him know how you'd like your byline. Do you want any mention of MSH? Would that help or hurt; i.e., too much traffic?

You're right. Kerry's sent me about eight of the write-ups for the teams, and the format looks even better than last year's issues.

By the way, you should contact Kerry and let him know how you'd like your byline. Do you want any mention of MSH? Would that help or hurt; i.e., too much traffic?

I talked to him around 1AM this morning.

A few people have asked me to send PDF's of the articles, so I've taken the lazy route and posted thumbnails of two of my favorites. You can click on the pictures to see larger images, but I really had to compress them to upload to Imageshack, so I apologize for the quality.

Also, bear in mind that Ice Hockey World is a joint venture between Kerry and a German company. These are the German files, since that issue printed first.

jpeg0905calgary15nw.th.jpg

jpeg0905calgary25bc.th.jpg

jpeg0905calgary31kx.th.jpg

jpeg0905nashville10in.th.jpg

jpeg0905nashville23ia.th.jpg

jpeg0905nashville36yz.th.jpg

I know what you mean, Theo.

I wrote that I thought Thornton would be a Top 3 player if they really enforce the no-obstruction, because he is so strong behind the net. If the D can't climb onto his back, I figured he'd have a monster season. But, during the first few games, he was hardly setting up shop, so I told Kerry I wanted to downgrade my assessment prior to going to print, and he called me a wimp. :D

It turns out Thornton's back has been hurting and the presumption is that has made him hesitate before going into traffic. I really hope that's the only problem, because I truly think Thornton could dominate if he's allowed room to work.

Hah, I bagged on Todd White a bit in my article, and he's been doing great for the Wild.

I did put something in there to the effect that the Wild may be better than most people expect. So far I'm right there :D

Has anyone got their magazine yet? I got an email a while back that wanted my address. I gave them my mailing address but I haven't seen the magazine yet.

I'd be completely bummed if I never get a copy of the article I wrote...

Rusty,

Linda Davies told me about two weeks ago that she was mailing them. The mail can be slow coming from Canada to US -- I think it's estimated to be eight business days for bulk service -- but you probably should have received it by now. I'd suggest you contact Linda at lindadavies@29sports.com to determine what the exact mailing date was.

If all else fails, let me know, because I brought a few extra back from Toronto.

Unfortunately the mail is so slow from Canada to US, but the magazine's sweet, huh?

Hopefully mine show up eventually. The German version looked nice and I'm really interested to see the finished version.

yea i havent gotten mine in the mail either...for those of u that have, can you look at the buffalo and detroit stories and tell me who wrote them?

You're the author of both of those articles.

I spoke with Kerry on Thursday and again today. He wasn't aware that some of you haven't received your magazines. He told me that about eight people had helped with articles, so they had been set up on a subscription list and mailed an issue close to four weeks ago.

That's when I told him that he needs to drive to Buffalo to mail/ship all the US magazines. Since it will only be eight times a year, he agrees and will do so beginning with the next issue. In the interim, I have four copies left, so I can mail one to you and Chadd -- or anyone else who hasn't received theirs yet. I know Chadd's address and can mail it this afternoon, but could you please PM me with your address, capes?

Chadd, when you finally get you magazine, don't skip right to your articles. If you skip the first page you'll miss a couple "shout outs" to you and MSH. Very nice touch.

Chadd, when you finally get you magazine, don't skip right to your articles. If you skip the first page you'll miss a couple "shout outs" to you and MSH. Very nice touch.

Considering how well the Hawks have been playing I don't know that I want to even admit to writing that.